List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Problems in starting Slide
From:       "Rahul" <rahul.thakur () excibir ! co ! nz>
Date:       2002-11-17 20:33:27

Hi Michael,

1. On Linux, you can use the slide client that comes with the Slide binary.
2. You don't need to comment out any line in web.xml to use domain.xml as
this is the default (that is my understanding).
    But in case you need to specify a different xml for specifying a domain,
you can create a file slide.properties (a sample is packaged in
slide-kernel.jar),
   override properties you need to and put the properties file on classpath.
the WebDAVServlet should pick that up.
3. as reg. documentation - I am looking for some concise reference myself :p

Cheers :-)

Rahul

Thanks Rahul,

I think I have got it running, but I am not too sure. I can get access to a
page:

http://ns1.eigentechnology.net:8080/slide/

I can login etc. But how do I get a Win2K equivalent Client on Linux?
There are too many conf files and there is no one document describing how
they are related, e.g. which line should I comment out in web.xml in order
to use Domain.xml ?

Would appreciate if you can point me to a document where systematic
descriptions could be located.

cheers
michael