List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: problems in client program run.sh (2002-10-13 nightly build)
From:       "Sung-Gu" <jericho () apache ! org>
Date:       2002-10-16 7:54:29

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Wang" <mwang@mindspring.com>

> (1) can not "set debug on":
>
> $ ksh run.sh
> [ Slide ] $ set debug on
> Fatal Error: unexpected token: set
> line 1: unexpected token: set
>         at
org.apache.webdav.cmd.ClientParser.commands(ClientParser.java:227)
>         at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Client.run(Client.java:159)
>         at org.apache.webdav.cmd.Slide.main(Slide.java:124)
> Please, email to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org
>
> $ ksh run.sh
> [ Slide ] $ open http://localhost:8080/
> connect http://localhost:8080/
> [LOCALHOST] / $ set debug on
> $
> /* I am out! */

Yes, it seems like changed as 'debug on' without 'set' currently after
applying with 'antlr'.
And some help messages are wrong or even omitted...  I think we need to
improve and rearrange some commands and messages... :(

TODO(just let you know): A while later (Perhaps it would be another version
for slide client), it's required to rewrite the slide client with the
version of 'WebdavFile" class and extend with 'WebdavView' and
WebdavSystemView' for a gui version.   Before being taken this way, if the
slide command client were regarded as the command processor module for gui,
that will be nice... I hope...

The problem is the lack of volunteers to do that....  :(

> The correct behaviour would be (per jakarta-slide-1.0.16 version):
>
> $ ./run.sh
> [ Slide ] $ set debug on
> Not connected yet.
> [ Slide ] $ open http://localhost:8080/
> [LOCALHOST] / $ set debug on
> The debug flag is on.
> [LOCALHOST] / $
>
> (2) Incorrect specification of slide-client.jar:
>
> "${SLIDE_HOME}/lib/slide-client.jar" should be changed to
> "${SLIDE_HOME}/client/lib/slide-client.jar".

Yes, indeed...

> and "==" is not traditional Borne shell syntax (it is Korn shell
> probally POSIX shell syntax):
>
> $ ./run.sh
> ./run.sh: test: unknown operator ==
>
> The following shell wrapper code is more generic and more correct:
>
> --
> #!/bin/ksh
>
> [[ $0 == /* ]] || exec $(pwd -P)/$0 "$@"
>
> [[ -z "${SLIDE_HOME}" ]] && {
>   _SLIDE_HOME=${0%%/client/*}
>   if [[ -f $_SLIDE_HOME/client/lib/slide-client.jar ]]; then
>     SLIDE_HOME=$_SLIDE_HOME
>   else
>     echo "Unable to determine the value of SLIDE_HOME"
>     exit 1
>   fi
> }

Thank you for the patcehs... it looks a nice care...  ;)
BTW, if you have some patches and might want to keep to contribute, could
you try to submit it as a patch like 'cvs diff -u cvs_file'.    Then it's
helpful to apply it...

Sung-Gu