List:       slide-user
Subject:    RE: Tomcat 4 with Slide
From:       "Unico Hommes" <unico () hippo ! nl>
Date:       2002-03-28 20:31:49

-----Original Message-----
From: Elodie Tasia [mailto:e.tasia@ever-team.com]
Sent: donderdag 28 maart 2002 14:29
To: Slide Users Mailing List

>> Is that normal that I can get anything when I call localhost:8081 or
localhost:8081 ?

Sorry I didn't get that one. Could you rephrase ?

When you declare a namespace in Domain.xml in {CATALINA_HOME}/conf, on
startup the namespace will get its own application context for each of these
services.

>> Huh, excuse me, but I don't have such a file in this directory... Must I
put it there ?

Ok my fault, the physical file is called slide.xml. It's the same dtd and
function as Domain.xml, except that, for easier maintenance I guess, instead
of declaring everything in one big file, it devides one namespace definition
out into three seperate files : a.conf , a.def, and a.data file. The first
is used for general configuration of the namespace such as action mappings,
path configuration, and role definitions. The.def is where you declare the
different stores you will use and attach them to the scopes you wish to use
them for. For instance if you have some users in an ldap store you wish
slide to be aware of, you could use an ldap implementation of a store and
link it to whereever it is where you .configured the users to be. The data
part of Domain.xml is a way to initialize the namespace if either, this is
the first time you start up and there is no data in your persistent stores
yet, or you use a non persistent store such as a memory store for all or
part of your namespace and need to reinitialize on each startup.