List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Problems of authentification
From:       "Remy Maucherat" <rmaucher1 () home ! com>
Date:       2001-09-22 5:04:50

> when I put a word file on the folder /files/account/ no problems : but
> every time I open this file, I have to log again.

If you're double clicking on the word file from the web folders, and Word
pops up and then asks for the authentication, then it's normal. It's a
problem with Webfolders, which doesn't abstract the filesystem in any way,
and just opens work giving it the URL to open (so of course, word ends up
asking to login again ...).

MS has a cool WebDAV redirector in XP, which will make the WebDAV server
behave like a normal mounted volume. Only problem, last time I checked, it
didn't work with Slide (it didn't like the use of default namespaces in XML
documents); hopefully, it was fixed in time for the release.

Remy