List:       slide-user
Subject:    Re: Problems with some kinds od char
From:       "Remy Maucherat" <remm () apache ! org>
Date:       2001-09-14 20:36:40

> I noticed a problem with slide 1.0.14 : when I create a webfolder with
> some spécial kind of char (ex: /télévision) and when I put a file in it,
> no problems but when I try to open this file (a word document), there is
> an error during opening but not in slide. I think that somewhere the URL
> is malformed but where ?

Yes, I noticed that problem before.
It's caused because IE decodes the URL returned, and then reencodes it using
a different character encoding. I don't know how to fix the problem :-(

In the same category, the webfolders would display a resource named "Foo" as
"foo", and do all subsequent requests on "foo". Tomcat (and Slide) are
case-sensitive, so all requests on that resource will fail. Again, there's
no workaround (except renaming the file, for example, if there's a space in
the name, webfolders will handle it correctly).

Remy