List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Re: SPAM-LOW:  Re: FW: svn commit: r524648 - /jakarta/slide/trunk/proposals/purexmladapter/
From:       Martin van den Bemt <mllist () mvdb ! net>
Date:       2007-04-03 20:25:35

The form that needs to be send in by IBM is http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt

> You (Zeus) can post this to the dev list for clarification if you want
> and no I am not on the PMC I am just a committer and I have a CLA but
> that apparently doesn't apply to the IBM donated code (which I thought
> it might) since I must commit it.

After the "paperwork" is done it's no problem it is absolutely no problem that you commit the code.
Just to make the story more complete :

- Committing by proxy is not allowed. 1) It is not covered by a CLA and 2) it hides the fact that
other people are working on the codebase, which prevents adding new blood.
- Patches are covered by the Apache License. Although we prefer that (at least when using Jira)
people explicitly specify that it is for inclusion in the codebase
- For Big Patches/Major Contributions we tend to ask for CLA's or software grants
- If people work on open source also during their working hours, we also like to have a CCLA, which
specifies that a company agrees that the work the individual has done on project X may also be
contributed back to project X.

HTH :)

Mvgr,
Martin