List:       slide-dev
Subject:    share file application
From:       "Ha Pham" <hapham () cs ! utah ! edu>
Date:       2006-02-28 20:05:52

Dear all,

I'm developing a share file application: a user can share his =
files/folders for other users/groups with read, write permission. I =
intend to modify the DAV Explorer (http://www.ics.uci.edu/~webdav/) and =
use Slide server. What I need are:
1. User can log in with his account
2. User choose files/folders and share them for other users/groups
3. Other user can only access the shared files/folders with the specific =
share permission (read/write).

What I am intending to do is to look for the parts in the .xml =
configuration files (in Slide) to add/remove users and access right. =
When a user share a file to other user, I modify the .xml files =
(dinamically) and hope that the server can read the modified files and =
makes the changes. But I currently don't know (1) if there's the .xml =
parts like that and (2) if the server can dinamically read the modified =
.xml files.

Please anyone help me with that problem.

Thank you very much,
Ha Pham