List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Problem with ExtractorManager when BindingStore is activated
From:       Nicolas_Aguilé <na.ais40 () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2005-08-26 8:50:32

Hi,

I've configured Slide 2.2pre1 on my tomcat 5.5.9 server, it works fine.
I've activated bindings on my node, the content indexer with the
org.apache.slide.index.lucene.LuceneContentIndexer class and the
extractors.
When i put a file in my content node, nothings happen in the index
directory.

If i remove the BindingStore configuration ant put a file, the content
index directory contain files (dletavle, _1.cfs,...)

i think i've found the reason of this behaviour but i still need help
for solving it.

The problem comes from the 'matches' method from the ExtractorManager
class.
- when binding is disabled the line
   uri.startsWith(extractor.getUri()) returns true because :
      uri is /documents/install.txt
      extractor.uri=/documents

- but when binding is enabled :
   uri is /112497926846/0/29
   extractor.uri=/documents       this meens that 'matches' never match
an Extractor so content ise never indexed.

When reading metadata/.def.xml i've seen the tag <child name="documents"
uuri="112497926846/0/23" />
and in metadata/112497926846/0/29.def.xml there is the tag <parent
name="install.txt" uuri="112497926846/0/23" />

I need help from a developper of slide (or someone else) because i don't
know how to retrieve these properties for matching them.
If i modify the PutMethod class for filling the displayname property
with the uri /documents/install.txt ans modify the 'matches' method of
ExtractorManager for testing descriptor.getName() instead of  uri seems
solve the problem But is this a good solution ????

Waiting for comments, thanks

--
Nicolas Aguilé
na.ais40@wanadoo.fr