List:       slide-dev
Subject:    RE: Binding store and DASL extensions
From:       "Miguel Figueiredo" <mfigueiredo () maisis ! pt>
Date:       2005-02-28 10:59:40

Hey Stefan,

 Your suggestion solved my problem! Many thanks :)

Best Regards,
Miguel Figueiredo

___

 Hello Stefan,

 I never looked to the event's part of Slide since they weren't a standard
technology like webdav is. Anyway, from your insight I can see that it might
gracefully do what I wanted. I'll certainly give it a try.

 Many thanks,
 Miguel Figueiredo

________________

Because I dont see any standart way you may implement and use an event
handler.
There is currently a event handler called MacroPropertyUpdater that
maintains
the display name while copy or move. This may serve as a sample.

May be a WebdavEventListener is appropriate for your. It can set the
displayname
on PUT, MKCOL, COPY ...

Cheers, Stefan

Miguel Figueiredo wrote:

> Sorry, let me add a clarification:
>
> Anyway, how about filling up the displayname, by default, with the ending
> substring of the original binding's href?
>
> Many thanks,
> Miguel Figueiredo
>
> ____
>
> Thank you for the response Stefan!
>
>  Well, we are not using lucene with DASL, not yet anyway. We just set up
the
> bind store with that optional
> classname="org.apache.slide.store.BindingStore" attribute and everything
> else is very straight forward (txFile store).
>
> But, returning to the binding issue. I agree with you in that we can't use
> the displayname like we would for a name of the resource: a resource's
href
> xml element can be anything like you presented, and still reference the
same
> resource. So, it's not possible to give a common name to all bindings of
the
> same resource. This is ok with me.
>
> Anyway, how about filling up the displayname, by default, with the ending
> substring of the binding's href?
>
> Like I said previously, I didn't find anything about the displayname
> property on a resource (or more precisely, on a resource's bind) in the
> matter of if it is optional or if it is mandatory, so perhaps this isn't a
> bug. But Slide could still fill up the binding's displayname at its
> creation, if for anything, for consistence sake with the default store.
This

Stefan Lützkendorf  --  luetzkendorf@apache.org