List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Re: WebDAV client and ordered results
From:       Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-01-28 15:25:48

Ingo Brunberg wrote:

>>I agree that the commens-collections solution is preferable as JDK 1.3
>>is still "supported" AFAIK.
>

> There seems to be a consensus to utilize commons-collections, so I
> will comply, as it really doesn't matter for me. But what is meant by
> JDK 1.4's Linked stuff? If you refer to LinkedList, that's even
> present in JDK 1.2.

JDK 1.4 has a LinkedHashMap that allows you to pull keys in insertion
order. Unfortunately it doesn't really apply here, as the SWCL is using
the depracated Dictionary/Enumeration approach instead of Collection's
Map/Iterator one. I would suggest to leave that untouched for now, but
most probably some refactoring could be helpful in the near future.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)