List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Re: Interoperability between webdavfs and Apache Slide
From:       Pier Fumagalli <pier () betaversion ! org>
Date:       2003-11-30 17:54:33

On 28 Nov 2003, at 12:42, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:

> OT: Second try, while writing my first answer to this post, my
> computer broke down (hardware problem, not evil Windows) :(
>
> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>> Completely unofficially since I'm just a lurker on the Slide lists,
>> but +1 for Stefano and Pier as Slide committers!  I'm ecstatic to see
>> the activity here pick up and all this talk of a 2.0 release, Lucene
>> searching, etc.... nice!
>
> Stefano and Pier have not contributed very much to Slide, yet, but
> both are well known and respected not only in the Jakarta community.

Guys, I'm totally flattered by the offer :-) BUT (there's always a but
with me), I have enough stuff on my plate to go along and to keep me
busy for years...

Yes, there are things that I will contribute (lil' stuff that bug me as
a user, or that I need, like that PostgreSQL schema, if noone comes up
with it :-) but I don't feel comfortable and available enough yet to
carry on the responsibility of being a committer of the project :-)

Maybe in 3/4 months, when I know the code better, and when Slide will
become part of our next big project at my Employer's (but maybe at that
point it wouldn't even me, but whoever in my team takes on the
responsibility of the backend repository... for now, we're in
scavenging and trial phase)...

But at the end of the day... Thank you very much, and we'll talk about
it in the future! :-)

	Pier