List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Re: VOTE: Slide 2.0 release
From:       robert burrell donkin <rdonkin () apache ! org>
Date:       2003-11-29 17:11:30

On 28 Nov 2003, at 06:17, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> robert burrell donkin wrote:

<snip>

>> one thing that you should decide is whether you're going to do
>> everything (including the upload) or whether you'd prefer to manage
>> the release but have someone else perform the release build and
>> upload. if you do want to do everything, you'd be well advised to
>> read carefully the links about signing releases and then install and
>> configure a signing tool (for example http://www.gnupg.org).
>
> I really like to hand over to as much as possible to other volunteers.
> Is there anyone volunteering for this? Would you like to help, Robert?

depends on what you mean by 'like' ;)

i'm willing to execute this part of the process but i'd be equally
willing to provide detailed instructions to any other volunteer (if
they need them ;)

i'd like to be able to get back to actually writing code as soon as
possible. so, i'd prefer it if someone else stepped forward.

i'd like to see slide to be in position where the slide community has
the collective knowledge required to step up to top level status
(whether they decide to take this step or not). this means that the
community needs to acquire the knowledge of how to execute mirrored
releases (as well as manage releases). the actual build, sign and
upload isn't very hard (the mirroring has already been setup). the only
real work is creating a code signing key.

- robert