List:       slide-dev
Subject:    Re: Authentication problem for Japanese user
From:       A Felix <techie_rustam () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-23 12:21:58

Hi,

Thanks Jingmei. The mail you have forwarded is related
with the case when Slide is used on server side and
Web Folders on the client side. But, I'm using Slide
at client side and IIS/NetWare on Server side.
Actually, I want my appliction to talk with any
server.

 After setting up Japanese environment on client side
and server side, I was able to authenticate to IIS for
a Japanese user using Slide client. But still, I'm not
able to authenticate to IIS, if I run my application
from tomcat4.

 Any help would be appreciated.

 -af

Jingmei wrote:
 af:
I would be interested to know what you find out about
this issue. We had the
same problem with Chinese username/password even when
IIS was running on a
Windows 2000 with system language settings set to
Chinese (Japanese in your
case).

I noticed that there was an email regarding to run in
French enviroment but
I haven't got a chance to try what Juergen suggested.
Not sure if it's the
same issue. (see below).

Jingmei