List:       slide-dev
Subject:    "Connection: close" header in HTTP response
From:       "Zhidong Yu" <zhidong () ipedo ! com>
Date:       2002-10-23 3:36:21

I found a problem in Slide 1.0.16, and I am not sure whether it has been
fixed (if so, please excuse me kindly).

I found this problem when I using DreamWeaver MX 6.0 to connect a Slide
server. DreameWeaver responses very slowly. So I use tcpTrace.exe to
dump the request/response, and I found that DreamWeaver need wait about
1 minute after a response is sent back by Slide server. However, I found
DreamWeaver works well with Apache1.3.27+mod_dav1.0.3 in another
experiment. After comparing the response packages sent by Slide and
mod_dav (thanks to tcpTrace.exe), I found that mod_dav response has a
"Connection: close" head but Slide doesn't have. After I modify Slide
code and make it return "connection: close" too, the DreamWeaver can
work smoothly.

Is it a known problem?