List:       slide-dev
Subject:    testsuite - too long path names ?
From:       Christopher Lenz <cmlenz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-07-31 14:03:51

Hi all,

I've just tried to do a fresh checkout, and close to the end (I think),
it fails with the message:

cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot open
jakarta-slide/testsuite/testsuite/junit/xmltestcases/DeltaV/functional/Version_history \
_feature/5.02Additional_Version-controlled_resource_properties/5.02.1Version-History/CVS/Repository: \
 File or path name too long

This is using the cvs command-line client under cygwin on winxp. I
believe it might be a cygwin problem, because I could check out the
whole thing with Eclipse earlier today. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Anyway, I can see the directory above (and similar directories) is
actually empty, so they could be ignored... maybe they should be
entirely removed from the repository, which would require someone with
an appropriate account to do so.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de