List:       slf4j-dev
Subject:    Re: [slf4j-dev] Outdated log4j dependency
From:       Florian_Pöhr <florian.poehr () nomapo ! com>
Date:       2021-07-16 8:29:00

Hello Ralph,

thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I agree that using Log4j 2 would be a better idea. Unfortunately it is
not me using slf4j-log4j12.jar but another project I am dependent upon
(https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4che to be precise). So this decision is
out of my hand.

I only now understood, that the name slf4j-log4j12.jar probably points
to log4j version 1.2.x and this dependency will therefore never be
updated to a newer log4j version. I somehow got the impression from the
docu (http://www.slf4j.org/manual.html) that this is the standard way to
add log4j (and hence the question why such an old version of log4j is
used in that case).

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend,

Florian