List:       sleuthkit-users
Subject:    [sleuthkit-users] Compiling on Windows with MinGW
From:       "Jack O'Sullivan" <jackodosullivan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-09 18:32:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I'm having issues compiling on Windows using MinGW/msys. When I run
./configure the process eventuaaly fails with the following error:

checking if libtool needs -no-undefined flag to build shared libraries...
yes
checking for getline... no
checking for library containing regexec... no
configure: error: missing regex

I installed msys-libregex at the same time as installing MinGW, which I
would have presumed would supply the necessary regex library. Am I missing
something, either than I need to install or configure?

I also note that slightly further up the configure output it lists a
warning "Could not fine usable zlib headers" even though, again, I
installed msys-zlib (and indeed mingw32-zlib), so maybe something in my
library config is off, but I can't find any instructions on setting path
variables that I have not already checked/followed.

I was able to compile using cygwin, but it seems as though that makes the
executables dependant on cygwin.dll, I would rather avoid that dependency
if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack