List:       sleuthkit-users
Subject:    [sleuthkit-users] Autopsy Module Writing Competition
From:       Brian Carrier <carrier () sleuthkit ! org>
Date:       2014-05-13 14:06:12

Basis Technology is hosting another Autopsy module writing competition around \
OSDFCon.   Submissions can be entirely new analysis techniques or wrappers around \
existing tools. A primary goal of Autopsy 3 was to be a digital forensics platform so \
that users could use a single tool to perform their investigations and not waste time \
moving data around between various stand-alone tools.  We've built the infrastructure \
and now we need developers to write modules so that we can all achieve the original \
goal from OSDFCon 2010.

Last year, the winners developed registry parsing and fuzzy hashing modules.  This \
year, we're looking for even better submissions.   OSDFCon attendees will vote on who \
gets the cash prizes. Submissions are due Oct 20, 2014.   Rules are available on the \
website:

    http://www.basistech.com/osdfcon-contest/

If you are looking for ideas, the above site has a link to a set of feature requests \
that have been submitted.   Note that we also sponsored a student-based competition \
this year too.  This competition is different.  It has bigger prizes and is timed \
based on OSDFCon and not semesters \
(http://www.basistech.com/digital-forensics/autopsy/autopsy-for-educators/student-development-contest/). \

thanks,
brian