List:       sleuthkit-users
Subject:    [sleuthkit-users] Info about usage in courts
From:       Brian Carrier <carrier () sleuthkit ! org>
Date:       2013-02-19 22:48:53

Hello,

As we're talking with folks about Autopsy 3, a question that comes up sometimes is \
court usage. I give the usual answer that I'm not aware of any cases where the \
evidence has been thrown out based on the tool used and then admit that I haven't \
been keeping track of how often and where TSK has been used in court. I know I have \
received messages in the past on this topic from users who have used TSK in court, \
but some details would now be good. If you know of such cases, can you send them to \
me (on-list or off-list)?

thanks,
brian