List:       sleuthkit-developers
Subject:    Re: [sleuthkit-developers] Platform toolset setting in VS2010
From:       Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz () tropicsoft ! com>
Date:       2016-07-12 18:14:05

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
cite="mid:CAPuuEWQ+2PnNYhDzJZUFx0CvD6n3ZwiNQOmNhooRqOaGHh=HAw@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        2010, installing the Windows 7 SDK was a prerequisite for
        getting 64-bit compiler support. The SleuthKit team did not
        explicitly set the Platform Toolset property value;</div>
    If you get SleuthKit from Github you will see that on the 'master'
    branch the Platform Toolset property for the 64-bit build is set to
    "Windows7.1SDK".<br>
    Eddie Diener<br>
cite="mid:CAPuuEWQ+2PnNYhDzJZUFx0CvD6n3ZwiNQOmNhooRqOaGHh=HAw@mail.gmail.com"
      type="cite">
        does the following, as described in BUILDING.txt:<span class="">
              of the</div>
              an additional SDK:</div>
                href="http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx"
                target="_blank">http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsserver/bb980924.aspx</a></div>
              Studio 2010 Service</div>
              installer but</div>
              run the following</div>
                href="https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4422"
                target="_blank">https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4422</a></div>
          Diener <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:eldlistmailingz@tropicsoft.com"
              target="_blank">eldlistmailingz@tropicsoft.com</a>&gt;</span>
          wrote:<br>
            .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span
              class="">On 7/8/2016 11:42 PM, Brian Carrier wrote:<br>
              &gt; Did you follow the build instructions in
              win32/BUILDING.txt for 64-bit versions?   I think the
              Windows7.1SDK is the one that makes 64-bit builds for VS
              2010.<br>
            the default "v100"<br>
            Platform Toolset value. My question is what technical reason
            exists for<br>
            using "Windows7.1SDK" as the Platform Toolset value,
            especially as this<br>
            value is not supported in my VS2010 AFAICS. Perhaps
            "Windows7.1SDK" was<br>
            needed for the free version of VS2010, along with a download
            of a<br>
            particular SDK to which that value refers, but for the
            VS2010<br>
            Professional version which I have always had this
            "Windows7.1SDK" value<br>
            is not needed to create a 64-bit build, and does not exist
            as an option.<br>
              &gt;<br>
              &gt;&gt; On Jun 29, 2016, at 3:26 PM, Edward Diener &lt;<a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="mailto:eldlistmailingz@tropicsoft.com">eldlistmailingz@tropicsoft.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:<br>
              &gt;&gt;<br>
              &gt;&gt; I am seeing the platform toolset in the VS2010
              projects for<br>
              &gt;&gt; libewf_64bit   and sleuthkit set to
              "Windows7.1SDK" for the 64-bit build<br>
              &gt;&gt; and "v100" for the 32-bit build in sleuthkit. Is
              there a reason for this ?<br>
              &gt;&gt;<br>
              &gt;&gt; I do not have a "Windows7.1SDK" platform toolset
              for VS2010 either under<br>
              &gt;&gt; Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.<br>
              &gt;&gt;<br>
              &gt;&gt; Eddie Diener</span><br>