List:       sleuthkit-developers
Subject:    [sleuthkit-developers] Would like to contribute
From:       Luís_Filipe_Nassif <lfcnassif () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-26 1:34:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi guys,

I think Autopsy 3 is a very promising forensic framework, and it will
become a lot better. Looking at the developers guidelines, apis and source,
I think I could contribute with one or some modules. I have been working
for the last three years on a java analisys tool and I think that I could
adapt some of its modules to autopsy modules.

1. A PST file parser for extracting emails and attachs, powered by
java-libpst, Apache licensed

2. A DBX file parser for extracting emails and attachs, powered by a
patched version of java OEReader, GPL

3. HTML viewer, by using javaFx (i read somewhere it is being implemented?)

4. PDF viewer, by IcePDF, Apache License (I have already coded a proof of
concept PDFContentViewer autopsy module)

5. EML viewer, using Apache Mime4J and JavaFx

6. TIF viewer, using java imageio

7. Office and many other formats viewer, integrating LibreOffice4

Which one of these is not being developed and could better improve Autopsy
functionalities?

PS: I did not see a file signature ingest module. Does it already exist?

Nassif

Brazilian Federal Police Examiner