List:       sleuthkit-developers
Subject:    [sleuthkit-developers] Beta of Autopsy v2.00
From:       Brian Carrier <carrier () sleuthkit ! org>
Date:       2004-01-05 23:00:00

Happy New Year everyone.  Over the holidays, I was able to perform the
architecture redesign of Autopsy.

The current design is 3 years old and has one main file that is 10.000+
lines of code.  The new design is more modular and has 17 files and
will be easier to add new features to.  The new design will be released
as version 2.0 after I add some new incident response features.

The external look of the program is the same, so you shouldn't see a
difference.  If you would like to use the new design before the full
version is released, let me know (off list).  There maybe a few URLs
and windows that didn't get a complete upgrade and I would like to find
those and get any design feedback before 2.0 is released.

thanks,
brian