List:       sleepycat-xml-announce
Subject:    [Berkeley DB Announce] Berkley DB Java Edition 3.3.74 - Patch
From:       "Announcements related to the Berkeley DB product family."
Date:       2008-10-21 18:15:27

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3.74
  http://www.oracle.com/database/berkeley-db/
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/
  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/je/

Berkeley DB Java Edition 3.3.74 is a patch release consisting of fixes for a number \
of significant issues. We strongly recommend that users of Berkeley DB Java Edition \
upgrade to this release.

In particular we've fixed a potential data loss bug [#16523] that could cause \
LogFileNotFoundException in large databases where data is permanently lost. This bug \
can only occur in databases where a Btree's depth is > 3.  The database must be at \
least 10 million records to be a candidate for this problem when using the default \
maximum entries per Btree node (128). This is only an approximation and the issue may \
occur under different circumstances when not using the default value of 128 (by \
calling DatabaseConfig.setNodeMaxEntries() to change that value).  Contact us on our \
OTN Forum to inquire further about this issue, please reference [#16523] in your \
post's subject line.  NOTE: This problem is found in all prior releases of JE.

The complete list of changes in 3.3.74 is listed in the change log.

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/changeLog.html

Product documentation can be found at:

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/berkeley-db/je/ and
  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/docs/je/3.3.74

Downloads at:

  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.74.zip
  http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/je-3.3.74.tar.gz
  http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/3.3.74/je-3.3.74.pom

Scanning through our frequently asked questions (FAQs) is a good idea if you are new \
to JE (or even if you're an expert). Please take a minute to review them here:

  http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/berkeley-db/faq/je_faq.html

Then join OTN and participate in the Berkeley DB JE Support Forum discussions. Our \
engineering and support staff are highly active on these forums, if you have \
questions please ask them there first.

  http://forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=273

For further information, or questions about licensing and sales of JE, please contact \
us at:

  mailto:berkeleydb-info_us@oracle.com

Thank you for your support of Berkeley DB Java Edition,

-greg

Greg Burd | Senior Product Manager
Oracle Berkeley DB | ORACLE United States