List:       slashcode-general
Subject:    Re: [Slashcode-general] Blob sending fails with things over 10megs?
From:       Eric Dannewitz <ericdano () jazz-sax ! com>
Date:       2004-12-04 23:16:35

Shane wrote:

> Ah. Is there a blob-pull tool to pull a blob into a file on the local FS?

Yeah, there is a Blobloader or something that you can load local files
into the database.

> If there were (it'd be pretty easy to write such a thing) then you
> could run that, and atleast see that there's no read-from-the-db
> problems.

Actually, I don't know what to make of the problem. Locally, I can
access the Blob from my website without any issues. Remotely, it dies at
around 10megs or so.

> And the apache-send of the thing isn't timing out?

How would you track that down? Where does one look for that?

> I know apache has a byte-size-receive-limit, I ran into that for the
> photo gallery uploading files into it. I'd doubt there's a
> send-size-limit, but who knows.

I don't remember seeing any in the Apache Conf. I have run into the
byte-size-receive-limit. I fixed that....

> As far as upgrading, it's not that bad. Did you check out this
>
> http://www.lottadot.com/files/update.plx
>
> and
>
> http://www.lottadot.com/article.pl?sid=04/10/05/1610253
>
> ?
>
> I toyed with that update.plx to upgrade my sites. Cliff Wood and I
> discussed finishing it. I don't know far he got with it. Since he has
> 11-15++ sites to upgrade, he has a vested interest in a tool that
> would do the upgrade to them all in entirety in one run. I, on the
> other hand, got all mine upgraded, so I don't need it, can't justify
> spending the time to finish it.

I read you article on upgrading. I suppose I just need to sit down and
do it at some point. Where is the update.plx file? Is it something that
works now?