List:       slashcode-general
Subject:    Re: [Slashcode-general] Other user's post show up as mine
From:       Harold Martin <cocoadev () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2003-11-06 15:51:02

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 08:45, alex@OWAL.co.uk wrote:
> cocoadev@earthlink.net wrote:
> > > Who approved the articles? Was it you?
> > No, I never saw the stories until they were posted (ie. to the front
> > page).
>
> I don't understand - what is your problem then? Maybe whoever approved them
> just set them as HaroldMartin for a laugh.
So stores can be set to be by whatever the author wants?
Or at least whatever is availible in the title block?
I'll double check with the guy, but I don't think he did that.
> > > How is it that they are coming up as you - what are you seeing?
> > posted by HaroldMartin
> > > What does the author field say when the article is approved?
> > In ths Storied backSlash page?
> > HaroldMartin
>
> Any of the other info I asked for coming?
What info specifically?
Like I said, I'm new to Slash so I don't know what you want.
> Ok some more suggestions.
>
> Do you have an anonymous user or did you set that to be HaroldMartin by accident?
There is a seperate anonymous user, ID 1.
http://haroldmartin.dyndns.org/
> How many "authors" do you have? This is a slashcode word which really means \
> "editors".
Well, the other guy is at seclev 100 and is not an author.
I'll set him to be an author and see what happens.
> You need to log in to backslash as your *other* editor, see what they see, and spot \
> where HaroldMartin first comes up by mistake.
How do I do that?
Without cracking the other guy's account or changing his password?

Thanks,
Harold