List:       slashcode-development
Subject:    RE: [Slashcode-development] Side effects of making a topic a nexus?
From:       "Gaulin, Mark" <mgaulin () globalspec ! com>
Date:       2005-04-06 19:38:21

Hi Shane
I did consider making a sort of "no-op" nexus, to hold the topic that I want to \
have/inherit the extras.  I suspect that the dummy topic would show up on the topics \
list, along with the real one, and that makes me not want to go there.

The true intent (or "vision") of a nexus is not entirely clear to me, and some of the \
code feels sort of "in between" different points of view. I chalk that up to things \
not be fully implemented yet, but there are also spots where things started leaning \
toward some "specialness" for nexuses that probably could have been done more \
generally for all topics (like the extras), or not done for nexuses at all (why not \
allow stories to be submitted to a nexus, if the db says it's ok?).

Assuming you don't care about these issues, the Rating system was pretty easy to \
install. I posted detailed to this list on 12/16/04, and I'll send them to you \
off-list too.

Thanks
	Mark