List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] Problem with 1 image,
From:       "Bernard Li" <bli () bcgsc ! ca>
Date:       2006-08-25 20:45:29

Hi Mark:

Andrea's away on vacation and probably won't be back until next week.  I
just want to point out that I use the same image for all my opteron
servers, and they have differnt memory configurations and HD size (also
some have IDE drives, some have SCSI drives) and they all work - as long
as the # of disks are the same and your partition scheme has an
"auto-extend to disk capacity etc".

I don't have a great deal of experience with LVM, and I *think* there is
an outstanding bug with LVM and swap...

You should also test our latest 3.7.4 build and see if it does anything
different:

http://www.bcgsc.ca/downloads/oscar/systemimager/

Best Regards,

Bernard