List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] (no subject)
From:       Brad Fulda <bfulda () 3drc ! com>
Date:       2005-05-16 22:33:03

Hey All,

We have in our lab 144 new IBM HS-20 Blades running RH 9.  All I need
to be able to do is to load a OS across the network.  We have looked
at Xcat, Ghost, and now this, System Imager.  Xcat offers way more
than we need.  Ghost still requires you to use "floppies" and SI
seems to be the ticket.
What I was wondering is "specifically" can SI be used for this? (it
appears to )  What barriers might I come across?  I want static IP's
but I was reading that I needed to have a DHCP srver running.  What
do I need to do to allow for static IP's?  Can I make a master image
that is custom for each system.  Meaning, I dont want to go back to
each new system I just made and manually change host names, etc.  Is
there also a how to mini  on the setup specifically for these blades
we have?  Any help will be very much appreciated.  thanks

Brad Fulda
FCS Mobile Node Team
3D Research Corporation
(256) 325-5949