List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    RE: [Sisuite-users] SATA support in Dell Power Edge 750
From:       "Peter Mueller" <pmueller () sidestep ! com>
Date:       2005-05-20 17:02:43

> Yup - http://wiki.sisuite.org/.

Cool.  But I hate wiki's, I think.  I haven't used them much.  Maybe we can
add some links to the SATA/etc. kernel here?

> > Hosting in one place is a good idea; if you'd like I can host
> > yours on my page.  Yours is for version 3.2.3 with separate
> > boel_binaries (bernard's own embedded linux :P) ?
>
> I'm not sure if my version is very useful, I would imagine
> that yours probably supercedes it (since it has newer drivers
> for both SATA and
> e1000) - though it might be useful for yours to have a newer
> version of parted, since some users did have issues with
> certain hardware.  I was thinking of getting kernels from
> other folks and putting them in one spot.  I remember a few
> years back there were issues with bcm5700 drivers and some
> folks kindly built kernels for those.

Your boel_binaries might be useful for 3.2.3 users.  I don't think parted
needs an update from 3.4.1.

> Anyways, I think BOEL stands for Brian On Embedded Linux.
> Brian of course is Brian Finley the creator of SystemImager :-)

It's a symbol, so it stands for whatever we perceive it as.  Bastard
Operator's Embedded Linux :p?

Regards,