List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] Flamethrower: Main image cast not starting
From:       "Walter, Jerome" <jwalter () ixis-cib ! com>
Date:       2005-05-20 13:12:11

Hi all,

I have started using SystemImager with flamethrower to install our new
farm.
With a little hacks to the main intrd and scripts to adapt the process
with our W2K DHCP servers and serial consoles, i successfully installed
some stations with si+flamethrower.

However, several problems have come up:

First, and the major one, is that the cast for the main image "dev1"
does not start. Client get stuck to "Compressed UDP receiver for
(stdout) at 10.14.10.105 on eth0". To make the cast start, i have to
manually "kill -HUP" the udp-sender process.

This behavior have also been seen when casting to multiple client (which
is the point of the multicast). In this case, only one of the clients
get the cast when restarting the daemon. The others stop in error.

Final point is less a problem than a need for advice. I have tweeked
udp-receiver parameters so that it untar directly to disk instead of
copying the tar file in ramdisk first. I don't see much report of people
doing it. Is there any technical reason ? Should i consider changing
some parameters if i really want to do so ?

BTW, i am using systemimager and flamethrower from Debian Sarge
GNU/Linux, respectively 2.3.2 and 0.1.6.

TIA for your answers.

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes peuvent etre confidentiels, et, de plus, \
peuvent etre couverts par un privilege ou une protection legale. Il est etabli a \
l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation de ce message non \
conforme a sa destination, toute diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, \
est interdite, sauf autorisation expresse prealable. Toutes opinions exprimees dans \
ce message, sont personnelles a leur auteur et ne sauraient necessairement refleter \
celle de IXIS CIB / IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank, de ses filiales ou de sa maison \
mere. Elles sont aussi susceptibles de modification sans notification prealable.  \
Tous droits reserves. Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et \
d'en avertir immediatement l'expediteur. Toute communication avec IXIS CIB / IXIS \
Corporate & Investment Bank peut etre controlee, enregistree et conservee. IXIS CIB / \
IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message \
s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Les communications sur Internet n'etant pas \
securisees, IXIS CIB / IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank informe qu'il ne peut \
accepter aucune responsabilite quant au contenu de ce message.

This email and any attachment may be confidential and may also be legally privileged \
or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended only for the stated \
addressee(s) and access to it by any other person(s) is unauthorised. Any use, \
dissemination or disclosure not in accordance with its purpose, either in whole or in \
part, is prohibited without our prior formal approval. Any opinion expressed in this \
message may be personal to the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of \
IXIS CIB / IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank , its affiliates or parent company. It \
may also be subject to change without prior notice. Copyright reserved. If you are \
not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or \
rely on the information contained in this email. If you have received it in error, \
please inform us immediately and delete all copies.  Any communication made with IXIS \
CIB / IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank (whether personal or business) may be \
monitored and a record kept. Neither IXIS CIB nor IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank \
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. As communication on \
the Internet is not secure, IXIS CIB / IXIS Corporate & Investment Bank does not \
                accept responsibility for the content of this message.