List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] local.cfg with floppy disk
From:       Sachio Iwamoto <siwamoto () ca ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2005-05-18 21:03:07

Hi Hong,

I am testing Systemimager 3.4.1-1 and got the exactly same error message
now.
Have you got resolved this error? If you have, could you please let me know
how
you got over it?

Thank you,

Sachio Iwamoto

Doug,

I am using Systemimager 3.2.3 with RHEL 3. The hardware is COMPAQ DESKPRO.

I used mkautoinstalldiskette to build a boot floppy disk. Then I added the
local.cfg file on the floppy disk. After rebooting client host, I got the
following error messages:

start_network
SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: No such device

I searched the mailing list archive and found that you met the same
problems
before. Did you resolve this problems? Or other people how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Hong
------

From: Irvine, Doug - Resources - ICT Services <Doug@Ox...>
 </mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8946960> <<...OLE_Obj...>> floppy boot
problem </mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8946960>
2004-07-13 08:51

 Hi,

 I hope you can help me. I am trying to use SystemImager to provide a
backup
 solution for a network of 13 Redhat ES 2.1 servers.

 All the servers are HP DL360-G3

 I have built an image server and taken an image from one of the other
 servers.

 I built a boot floppy with mkautoinstalldiskette and configured the
 local.cfg as follows:

 HOSTNAME=client

 DOMAINNAME=oxfordshire.gov.uk

 DEVICE=eth0

 IPADDR=xx.yy.zz.8

 NETWORK=xx.yy.zz.0

 NETMASK=255.255.254.0

 BROADCAST=xx.yy.zz.255

 GATEWAY=xx.yy.zz.254

 GATEWAYDEV=eth0

 IMAGESERVER=xx.yy.zz.12

 IMAGENAME=client

 -

 When I try to boot the server, the kernel loads but I"m unable to start
the
 rebuild as I get the following errors:

 SIOCSIFADDR:  no such device
 NETMASK:  no such device
 BRDADDR:   no such device

 The interesting part is once the boot sequence has stopped I can set an ip
 address on eth0 with:

 ifconfig eth0 xx.yy.zz.8

 and then ping the image server.

 I am thinking this may have something to do with the gigabyte interface
not
 being ready from the module load. The next thing I"m going to try is
adding:

 ETHER_SLEEP=35

 to the local.cfg file. Does anybody have any ideas or experiences with
this
 problem?

 Thanks for your help.

------