List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] Re: cciss disk problem DL360
From:       Steve Grandinetti <stephen.grandinetti () hp ! com>
Date:       2005-05-03 0:36:07

The device support for the SmartArray device wasn't loaded, either via
the loadable module, or via static support in your kernel. By default,
typically, the SmartArray support is via loadable module.  There is a
'discover' task that runs as part of the BOEL env. startup, that
identifies which h/w is present and loads the appropriate modules.  If
indeed your SmartArray support is dynamically loaded, it's possible that
the 'discover' utility didn't identify the SmartArray devices.

If you continue to have trouble in this area, you can statically build
in the support by modifying the ./patches/linux.i386.config file,
changing the following two config variables from

CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_DA=m
CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_CISS_DA=m

CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_DA=y
CONFIG_BLK_CPQ_CISS_DA=y