List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] Different network chipset on clients question.
From:       Andy Davidson <adavidson () ebuyer ! com>
Date:       2004-12-30 9:38:01

Hi, guys --

I've read the warnings in section 2.5 of the systemimager manual.

Has anyone had any success trying to get the golden client and other
client machines working with different ethernet card hardware ?

I would imagine that (assuming recent pci network cards are in use), if
a kernel could be built supporting a wide range of network interfaces,
it could be possible to roll out a systemimager/Flamethrower install of
desktops with non-homogenous network adapters ?

I can see why this might be a problem if the drivers are built as
modules, rather than into the kernel.

Many thanks for any help,
Andy