List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] parted hangs during autoinstall
From:       Murray <murrayml () internode ! on ! net>
Date:       2004-07-27 2:47:21

On Tuesday 27 July 2004 11:52, Peter Mueller wrote:
> Actually they do matter.  The scripts that get the filesystem
> information and prepare the imagename.master script that will clone the
> server seem to need to be pretty close in synch.  Maybe the problem is
> here.  Try installing the same version.

Except I'm booting a standalone system from either your CD iso or an autoinstall floppy. At this
point the image server nor golden client have come into play at all.

I thought I'd have a look at the disk partition table and tried booting from Timo's Rescue CD (Debian
based kernel 2.6.6) and it kernel paniced and lo and behold, what was in the call trace? Idescsi,
ata_input_data and related calls.

Fedora core 2 install disk runs OK and will partition the disk.  Interestingly it popped up a window
to say it was loading ata_piix.

Hmm, looks like my hardware is not supported. Sigh...

Cheers
Murray