List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] parse error when using 'updateclient' with --autoinstall option
From:       Stephen Grandinetti <stephen.grandinetti () hp ! com>
Date:       2004-07-15 18:58:18

I've seen several references to the below mentioned problem in the mail
archives, w/ no resolution.  Thought I'd try once more to see if someone
has an answer or suggestion.  I'm seeing "parse errors" when attempting
to use the 'updateclient' command w/ the --autoinstall option:

[root@n2 root]# updateclient --server nh --flavor standard  --autoinstall
Retrieving SystemImager kernel...
Retrieving SystemImager initial ramdisk...
Using System Configurator to set boot configuration...parse error at line 2
parse error at line 3
parse error at line 4
parse error at line 5
parse error at line 8
parse error at line 9
parse error at line 10
parse error at line 11
Error: None of the following bootloaders were successfully setup on your
system:
YaBoot,Iseries,EFI,Elilo,Lilo,Grub,Palo,Aboot

systemconfigurator command to configure autoinstall boot failed! at
/usr/sbin/updateclient line 428

It's not clear why the parse error is occurring, since the syntax used
w/in 'updateclient' appears to be correct.  Also, it's not clear why the
bootloader needs to be configured at this time, when the node will
re-installed / re-imaged.

Or, is there another recommended method to automatically get all clients
(or a group of clients) into a state where they'll netboot so they'll
re-install/re-image.

Thanks for any help.

   -Steve Grandinetti