List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] RE: x86_64 test boot flavor
From:       micah nerren <mnerren () paracel ! com>
Date:       2004-07-12 18:30:26

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 09:55, Danny Ybarra wrote:
> I know why this is happening... I had the same problem.  You have to
> edit your default file under your pxelinux.cfg and make sure it looks
> like this:
>
> LABEL systemimager
> PROMPT 1
> TIMEOUT 50
> KERNEL kernel
> APPEND vga=extended initrd=initrd.img root=/dev/ram
>
> For some reason the documentation doesn't tell you to add root=/dev/ram
> or any of these parameters for that matter.  Something that cost me a
> lot of time.  You also have to create the directory
> /usr/share/systemimager/boot/x86_64/standard and put the boel binaries
> in that directory.  I have x86_64 working perfectly so I will be able to
> help people out from my experiences.

Gotcha. The setup of these files seems to be missing from the install. I
noticed a message about them in the devel list for other platforms as
well. Its great that you got it working, the more of us who use SIS on
opteron, the sooner we will have official support for this platform.
Luckily its not too painful to get it going.