List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] Remote install then local boot problem
From:       "Tien-Duc Nguyen" <nguyen.tien-duc () courrier ! uqam ! ca>
Date:       2003-11-13 4:36:36

Hello,

Has anyone sucessfully used sisimager with a Tyan S2460 Mobo and Intel
GiG 1000 Card?

I'm asking this question because i'm stomped at the part where during
the remote installation through systemimager (I can see the script
executing, partitioning, etc.), the installation fails to install the
boot loader through systemconfigurator. So, I had to this manually with
grub, as suggested by someone in this list.
But upon rebooting, the computer can't boot locally through PXE, since
i've setup netbootmond to tell it to boot from hard disk.
Changing the BIOS boot order and booting first from hard didn't work
either, so I'm pretty shure it's because of the boot loader being not
installed somehow, but i did this on Boel command line: chroot /a then
grub then root (hd0,0) then setup (hd0) then exit. What's to blame for
this: PXE or boot loader?

Tien Duc