List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] install.sisuite.org download and install errors
From:       Ole Holm Nielsen <Ole.H.Nielsen () fysik ! dtu ! dk>
Date:       2003-11-10 10:07:36

dann frazier wrote:
>>`install.sisuite.org/sourceforge/systemimager/systemimager-common-3.0.1-4.noarch.rpm'
>>> Resolving install.sisuite.org... done.
>>> Connecting to install.sisuite.org[140.99.102.30]:80... connected.
>>> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
>>> 09:30:22 ERROR 404: Not Found.
>

> worked for me today.
> 140.99.102.30 is no longer in the round robin - please try again.

Yes, today install.sisuite.org didn't point to 140.99.102.30,
and the download went fine.  Thanks.

Next problem that I described was RPM package installation on
Redhat 7.3 and ES3.0:

> # ./installer --install server
> All packages already installed
> (lines deleted)
>
> In fact, none of the packages have been installed.  Also, the
> file "installer" is now truncated to zero bytes
>
> I can't really decipher the Perl installation scripts, so I wonder
> what's going on here ?  I think it would be simpler just to do a
> manual download and install...

Does anyone have a clue why /tmp/sis-packages/installer fails
and even gets truncated to zero ?  (Well, maybe this punishment was
deserved after all :-)

Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,
Building 307, DK-2800 Kongens Lyngby, Denmark