List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    [Sisuite-users] getting hex for IMAGESERVER IP address in /tmp/variables.txt
From:       steve_duchene () freddiemac ! com
Date:       2003-10-30 21:13:15

I am trying to figure out where the stuff in /tmp/variables.txt gets filled
out as I am ending up with a set of variables in there but the IMAGESERVER=
line has the ip address in hex instead of regular doted decimal notation..
My install boots up does various things but then fails trying to ping the
hex address of my image server. Also the HOSTNAME= and IMAGENAME= lines in
/tmp/variables.txt is blank to the right of the equal sign.

I.E.

The few messages before the system puts me to the BOEL shell prompt is:

Using option-140 as IMAGESERVER: c0:a8:4:1
bound to 192.168.4.13 -- renewal in 432200 seconds

ping_test
Pinging image server "c0:a8:4:1"
to insure we have network connectivity.

PING ATTEMPT 1:
ping: c0:a8:4:1 : Unknow host
PING ATTEMPT 2:
ping: c0:a8:4:1 : Unknow host
PING ATTEMPT 3:
ping: c0:a8:4:1 : Unknow host

etc.... etc...

FATAL: Cannot ping the image server "c0:a8:4:1"
                Be sure your networking equipment is working properly!

Yet I can ping the image server from the BOEL shell prompt by regular IP
address

Any ideas????

Steven A. DuChene
Linux cluster administrator