List:       sisuite-users
Subject:    Re: [Sisuite-users] Error "Rsync Error: partial transfer(code 23) at main.c
From:       dann frazier <dannf () hp ! com>
Date:       2003-10-28 1:45:20

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:34:17PM -0500, Berkowitz, Murray L wrote:
> I do not see anything in the source --
>
> Code 23 -- Is a partial Transfer error called from panic handler
>
> The versions of rsync that I have are the following
>
> System Imager Server -- 2.56 version 26 ( capabilities socketpairs)
> System Imager Client -- 2.55 version 25 ( capabilities nosocketpairs)
>
> Any idea why this keeps failing on last file in "Filler Up" routine of
> rsync command.

something i remembered is that rsync has some non-fatal errors.  iow,
it will continue transferring, but report an error condition at the end.

it might be interesting to see the entire log of the install - you could try
redirecting rsync's stderr to a file in /tmp (rsync 2> /tmp/foo), and looking
at its contents when it fails.  if nothing's there, do the same w/ stdout.

you might be able to work around this by modifying the master script to
not fail on rsync error - but that would be an icky workaround.

--
dann frazier