List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] PAYLOAD TYPE FOR G729 A and G729B
From:       Brett Tate <brett () broadsoft ! com>
Date:       2013-11-13 12:02:03

Hi,

I don't claim to be an expert on SDP.  If you don't obtain your answer here, you \
might want to try the mmusic email list.

For payload types which have a static number, vendors typically use the static number \
(unless reason to do otherwise) although I'm not aware of the related normative \
statements. RFC 3551 section 1 indicates "Only the binding of some of the payload \
formats to static payload type numbers in Tables 4 and 5 is normative"; however I \
doubt that it means if there is a static mapping, it MUST be used (instead of \
dynamic) unless altering some aspect of it (such as the PCMU example within RFC 3551 \
section 6).

The following are a few links of potential interest.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3551

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-g723-g729-04

http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtp-parameters/rtp-parameters.xml

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc4566bis-09