List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] RFC 4733 question
From:       "Bowers, Jeff S [NTK]" <Jeffrey.S.Bowers () sprint ! com>
Date:       2013-02-28 18:49:30

All,

I have a question concerning the event duration in relationship to the e-bi=
ts. Can the event duration change or increment in the three e-bits?  We are=
 seeing a behavior in which the event duration is incrementing in the three=
 e-bits and the term end PBX is considering each of these e-bit as three se=
parate events and triplicating the tones.  The PBX vendor is stating that t=
he carrier is in violation of RFC 4733, however I don't see that clearly wr=
itten in the RFC stating that the event duration can't increment.  I am not=
 sure why the focus is on the event duration and in reading the RFC is appe=
ars the focus should be on the m-bit and the time stamp and once the e-bit =
is received then the rest of the packets should be ignored.  I have enclose=
d a wireshark capture illustrating what we are seeing in the e-bits.  Any g=
uidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeff Bowers
Sprint

This e-mail may contain Sprint Nextel proprietary information intended for =
the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you a=
re not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all cop=
ies of the message.