List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] change in tag field in To header
From:       Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2013-02-28 22:02:06

On 3/1/13 4:27 AM, Neel Neelakantan wrote:
> Ramesh,
>
> See inline.

There is no way to *know* how many forks there were.
You can use certain information to guess. This may work better in some
deployments than others. Namely:

1) You can note the total number of to-tags you see in responses. You
may get 1xx responses with a number of different to-tags, as you have
seen, as well as a final response that may be from a to-tag already seen
or a different one. This will fail to count forks that fail without
sending a 1xx.

2) You may look for a History-Info header in the responses. If found, it
may be analyzed to count the number of forks. This of course will only
work if History-Info is used by the systems involved. (History-Info is
specified by RFC4244, and there is a nearly complete revision called
draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-11.

	Thanks,
	Paul