List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Angular brackets for P-Asserted-Identity
From:       Paul Kyzivat <pkyzivat () alum ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2012-06-28 20:18:06

Just to elaborate on what Brett said:

To answer this question, first you check the syntax. RFC 3325 says that
first parameter is 'name-addr / addr-spec' just as it is for From/To
etc. The 'name-addr' form uses the <...>, and the addr-spec doesn't.

The stuff that Brett quotes below mentions a few headers, but it applies
to any place that uses 'name-addr / addr-spec'.

And then you need to know that user=phone is indeed a uri paramter. So
the correct form for the question is:

P-Asserted-Identity:<sip:8182017700@10.77.59.140;user=phone>

	Thanks,
	Paul