List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Call Transfer using 3pcc
From:       OKUMURA Shinji <shinji.okumura () softfront ! jp>
Date:       2011-09-13 10:15:41

Hi,

The typical flow may be shown as follows.

sathish kumar chevuru <satish.chevuru@gmail.com>
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 17:36:38 +0530
>Thanks to your responses.
>
>Below is the scenario .
>

>Caller             3pcc               Callee        Transfer Target
>|                   |                   |                   |
>|---INVITE--------->|---INVITE--------->|                   |
>|                   |                   |                   |
>|<---------200 OK---|<---------200 OK---|                   |
>|                   |                   |                   |
>|---Ack------------>|---Ack------------>|                   |
>|                   |                   |                   |
>|<-----------------RTP----------------->|                   |
>|                   |                   |                   |
>|                   |<----------REFER---|                   |
 |                   |---202------------>|                   |
 |                   |---NOTIFY--------->|                   |
 |                   |<------------200---|                   |
 |<-------reINVITE---|                   |                   |
 |---200 OK(SDP1)--->|                   |                   |
 |                   |---INVITE(SDP1)----------------------->|
 |                   |<-----------------------200 OK(SDP2)---|
 |<-----ACK(SDP2')---|                   |                   |
 |                   |---ACK-------------------------------->|
 |                   |                   |                   |
 |<===========================RTP===========================>|
 |                   |                   |                   |
 |                   |---NOTIFY--------->|                   |
 |                   |<------------200---|                   |
 |                   |<------------BYE---|                   |
 |                   |---200------------>|                   |
 |                   |                   |                   |

>The 3pcc is a B2BUA.
>
>The Callee sent REFER, such that 3pcc establish the call between Caller and
>Transfer Target.
>
>Once the 3pcc receives REFER, Is it must that it should put Caller and
>Callee on Hold ?

It is not mandatory for Callee to put Caller on hold.
If it is required as a voice service, Callee may play MoH
in RTP packets.

>If the 3pcc, Initiates a dialog with Transfer Target (URI in Refer-To ) in
>REFER message, What happens to the existing RTP path ?

Finally, the existing RTP path between Callee and Caller
should be terminated.

Regards,
Shinji