List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] Contact mismatch in 200 resp for Register	req
From:       "Dale Worley" <dworley () nortel ! com>
Date:       2009-09-15 20:47:42

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 12:20 +0530, vijay wrote:
> Hi,
> 	If we get different contact in 200 response for Register request, Is it
> successful registration?
>     If yes, Can we consider the expires(for reg refresh) value present
> in the Contact?
>     If no, Please suggest,  what should we do?

If the registrar accepts your registration (by sending a 200 response),
then it must list the contact that was in the REGISTER message in a
Contact header.  So there is an error in the above situation.  One
possibility is that the registrar is not registering the same URI that
the REGISTER message contains -- that is an error, even if the registrar
is doing complex tricks to compensate for NATs.  In such a situation,
the registrar needs to put the provided contact in a Contact header,
even if it puts a different URI in the database.  The other error
possibility is that some intermediate system is rewriting the REGISTER
and/or the 200, but doing so incorrectly -- similar considerations
apply.

Dale