List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] empty rtp stream
From:       David Benoit <benoit () starscale ! com>
Date:       2009-09-09 10:18:19

Peter,

May I suggest looking at the different "hold" examples here:

  http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-service-1.html

These are nice annotated examples of those in RFC 5359.

The decision as to whether or not to send RTP lies with the sender of the RTP.
There is nothing that requires RTP to be sent between two endpoints (at any
time) if the session is active.  There are practical reasons for doing so (for
example, keeping firewall holes open, etc.), but nothing that requires it.

David