List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] SIP Redirect Server and SIP Trunks
From:       Aniruddha Vaidya <anir123 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-29 18:02:57

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. I looked through the RFC 4904. However I could
not find a suitable reference based on which a Redirect Server should
be able to insert trunking information in redirected address populated
in contact header.

According to the RFC, UAC and Proxies are able to insert trunk
information. According to section 6.3, a proxy that is aware of the
routing topology and supports rfc 4904, may insert destination trunk
group parameters in R-URI if none are present. On the similar lines,
can redirect server insert trunking information in contact header
field in 302 responses? So that when a new INVITE is formed for
redirected url, trunk group parameters are present in Request URI of
the new INVITE?

Can you please let me know if this is permitted?

Thanks,
Aniruddha