List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    Re: [Sip-implementors] What a UAC should/must do with a NOTIFY request outside a dialog ?
From:       Iñaki_Baz_Castillo <ibc () aliax ! net>
Date:       2009-06-16 21:49:47

El Martes, 16 de Junio de 2009, Sreenath Kulkarni escribió:
> you can use that but that would become ur propritary implemntation.
> You can use as along as there is no interoparability problem.

I don't agree. There is no SIP request defined for NAT keepalive purpose, not
at all.

Using OPTIONS, INFO or NOTIFY is a common practice, no more, no document
justifies their usage to mantain the keepalive.

Also, using any new request method (as PING or HELLO or WAKEUP) is not a
propietary implementation since the UA's must not understand it. The purpose
of such undefined method is forcing a "501" from the receiver. It's 100% SIP
:)

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>