List:       sip-implementors
Subject:    [Sip-implementors] SRTP key transmission
From:       Vadim Lebedev <vadim () mbdsys ! com>
Date:       2009-05-31 22:26:32

Hello,

I've been reading various RFC describing  tranmission of master key
for SRTP unside SDP's.
They require (like in rfc4568) the INVITE/200/ACK be transmitted using
TLS to avoid key interception.

I wonder why nobody proped following scheme:

Alice generates a mester key, encrypts it wih Bob's public key and
signs it with her own private key.
The resulting material is stored in SDP which can be transmitted  ove
unsecure connection...
Bob receives the INVITE request extract the signed keye authenicate
the Alice signature and decodes the master key using his onw private
key....

Thanks
Vadim